Naval Base Point Loma, CA
P-151 REPLACE FUEL STORAGE FACILITIES; NB Point Loma, CA
This project replaced fuel storage tanks for the Navy at Defense Fuel Supply Point (DFSP) Pt. Loma in San Diego to include the following:
- Construction of eight 125,000-barrel multi-product fuel storage tanks (aboveground steel fuel storage tanks), fuel distribution piping, pumphouse, fuel oil reclamation (FOR) facilities (including 10,000-barrel and 25,000-barrel aboveground storage tanks), and a lube oil storage and dispensing system.
- Fuel tanker truck loading and unloading stations, fuel icing inhibitor injection system, and pier-side operations control tower building.
- Site preparations and improvements including extensive earthwork operations, earth retaining structures, pavements, storm and sanitary sewers, sedimentation basins, fencing, site lighting, electrical distribution systems, and emergency power generators.
- Demolished or closed 30 aboveground or underground storage tanks, totaling greater than one million barrels of storage capacity, as well as 20 other FOR and lube oil tanks of varying sizes.
- Extensive remediation of fuel contaminated soil, automated fuel handling, tank gauging equipment, and physical security equipment funded by other appropriations.