Point Loma, San Diego, CA
REPLACE FUEL STORAGE FACILITIES
This project will replace fuel storage tanks for the Navy at Defense Fuel Supply Point (DFSP) Pt. Loma in San Diego to include the following:
- Construct 8 each 125,000-barrel multi-product fuel storage tanks (aboveground steel fuel storage tanks), fuel distribution piping, pumphouse, fuel oil reclamation (FOR) facilities including 10,000 barrel and 25,000 barrel aboveground storage tanks, and a lube oil storage and dispensing system.
- Work includes: fuel tanker truck loading and unloading stations, fuel icing inhibitor injection system, and pier-side operations control tower building.
- Site preparations and improvements include extensive earthwork operations, earth retaining structures, pavements, storm and sanitary sewers, sedimentation basins, fencing, site lighting, electrical distribution systems, and emergency power generators.
- Relocate small security office and improve secondary entrance gate for truck traffic to accommodate new work.
- Demolish or close 30 aboveground or underground storage tanks, totaling greater than one million barrels of storage capacity, plus 20 other FOR and lube oil tanks of varying sizes.
- Project includes extensive remediation of fuel contaminated soil, automated fuel handling and tank gauging equipment, and physical security equipment funded by other appropriations.